Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Gasper and Ralph Died For Homer's Sins

And ours too. Naomi A. Rose, a marine mammal scientist for The Humane Society of the United States, blasts the Georgia Aquarium right out of the water in this AJC op/ed.

It is shameful what happened to Ralph and Gasper, those beautiful animals. Shameful. And I am to blame as much as anyone out there. I love the Georgia Aquarium. My kid loves it. I bought into the hype, the spin, and bought an annual membership pass so I could indulge my senses all year long.

So bloggers... should we blog a boycott of the Georgia Aquarium? I am soooo torn. My participation in enslaving beings that should be roaming free is self-serving and deplorable. And it is killing majestic animals. How do I explain this to a child? Or my sushi habit...

HT: PS

No comments: