Sunday, March 18, 2007

NASCAR Ignored


Reminded by a mention of Darlington Raceway in a conversation over the weeked, I felt just the tiniest twinge of guilt that I've consciously ignored such a huge portion of my Southern heritage and culture for my entire life, outside of a trip to Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA at the urging of my pal James "Slim Chance" Kelly, shown below at Dixie Speedway cooking-up large meat items with his best-gal Claire.

So to counter my gross lifetime NASCAR deficit, I listened to Cap'n Herb's pre-race show while showering. Traffic insane today near Atlanta Motor Speedway, but nothing like the maniacal tone of The Capn's commentary.

Well, that's enough stock car media for me for this decade!

5 comments:

griftdrift said...

Guess what I'm watching.

Sara said...

Hell Grayson, if I can come over to the dark side, you can.

C'mon, let's go to the fall Atlanta race together.

Grayson: Atlanta, GA said...

Ok, but you have to drive Sara, as it's gonna take an awful lot of booze to get me through that, uh, event. But dang, now that you mention it, I've got the cutest little halter top...

possum said...

I understand the corndogs at Dixie Speedway are "world famous." Cool!

Doug said...

I knew nothing about NASCAR till my wife and I started to date(that always seems so strange when I say that). Anyway... Her entire family was big into the racing so I got into it, too. Seeing a race live is an experience, and Hotlanta seems like quite the experience. I say, GO FOR IT. Because "a halter top is a terrible thing to waste:. ;-)