Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Movin' On Up

How do I love my 'hood? Let me show you four of the reasons, within a mile radius of my house, I pass every day...


1.) Puppet-esque folk by the side of the road:

2.) A rather large sink hole:

3.) Just another basic, red roadside rocket:

4.) A pretty cool piece of available real estate I'd love to purchase just because I could:


Sigh... look now because none of these loopy "artifacts" will be around about a year from now I bet. Sometimes progress for progress' sake and gentrification for gentrification's sake is just so goddamn boring.

1 comment:

Amber Rhea said...

That's on Howell Mill Rd., yes? I've seen those kids standing out in front of the tax office there.

As for the building in picture #4 - you never know, there's a good chance it could stick around. Creative reuse is part of what revitilization (or "gentrification" if you want to spin it like that) is supposed to be all about.