Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Goo Gone Days

Once, I needed only hair-splitting levels of sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to make it through a rough day. My how things change. Now all I need is coffee and my Goo Gone.

I first encountered Goo Gone when my camera-wiz pal Allen recommended I get some for a piece of lovely gear I'd just purchased and then immediately managed to trash with gunk. It worked like a charm.

He reminded me, "You've got a kid, you'll need some around the house anyway." Boy, was he right. I've used the stuff almost daily. For instance, this morning I woke up with my arm literally stuck to the bed sheets. But no, it wasn't pinned under some snoring drunk I barely knew.

Since I'm a responsibility-laden soccer mom now, I woke up, alone, again, with my arm hairs adhered to the sheet by chewing gum. Somehow, I'd slept in gum. (If you have kids, this will come as no surprise.)

So I didn't roll back over, but fell back asleep. I knew the Goo Gone was going to help me work it all out, at some point in another long day.

No comments: