Monday, June 04, 2007

The Soda Fountains Are All Gone Now

A goodbye podcast for Doug Monroe, or Peachtree Screed, is now online. Comments within are from Rusty, Amber, TrackBoy1, Catherine, and DriftGrift. And me.

Trackboy referes to Doug as "our Yoda." It's true. I seem to be constantly calling him for advice or emailing him for an answer to a, typically, Atlanta-based question you weren't exactly going to find by Googling around for it. Doug always knew the insider answers.

At one point, I tried to get him to install IM-ing so I'd have even more instant access to The Mind of Doug Monroe. He never was keen on techno stuff, but it wasn't necessary as he never failed, at any point in time, to make himself 100% available and accessible to, well, anyone who needed his time, mind or attention.

What is kinda funny though is that I'd just bought a gi-normous Yoda Pez dispenser for Doug's going-away present. Only thing is, I've become so attached to it, I think I'll just keep it here by the computer. That way, when I need a fast answer to something Georgia-oriented, I'll just ask Yoda The Gi-normous Pez Dispenser. I ain't Doug, but that's what I'm left with.

I put a milk carton next to it so you can get some perpective on the size and scope of this dazzling Pez dispenser.

1 comment:

Amber Rhea said...

Jesus! Does it take special ginormous Pez?