Friday, April 13, 2007

Gee Grayson, How's YOUR Day Been?

I'm sorry... even I can get really really really frustrated sometimes and feel reduced to playing the "sexism" card. I sent this letter to some media (male) folks today, since they're the ones in charge after all. Am I just getting desperate or what?

Dear ______________:
Last night I was standing in a group of white men over 55; every single man there was being paid to blog/write/blow wind. I was the only one also writing and blogging like my life depended on it, in this rather established, Atlanta-based media elite cabal with:

a.) a vagina
b.) no paycheck

And for chrissake… I even video blog too! I’m really trying very hard not to get too discouraged or too desperate here, but I sure hope you at _____________ will add my blog to your blog roll. Any crumbs from the white male media power structure you can toss my way would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,
Grayson
BLOG:
http://spaceygreview.blogspot.com/


Seriously, it was so bad now that I think about it, I'm acting like a total girl and almost crying.

5 comments:

possum said...

They're just ugly old honkies. That's not such a great thing to be.

Sincerely,

Ugly Old Honkie

Amber Rhea said...

Hint: It's not "playing the sexism card." That's what sexist folks who're highly protective of their sexism say to effectively silence people who point out discrepancies. It's a legitimate concern, and it IS a big deal.

Grayson: Atlanta, GA said...

I'd be ugly anything, long as I had my hands on some cold hard cash!

Mike Schinkel said...

Hey, it's not sexism, its ageism. You're just not yet over 55... (Hoo boy can't you just wait! ;-)

Cute Boy Chicago said...

Use your girl power!