Monday, November 20, 2006

Aquarium Sundays

I was wary of the Georgia Aquarium (a non-profit, that's why it's a dot org), not because of touristy overkill, or as an aqua-ode to Bernie Marcus, whom I adore anyway having working for him for many years, but rather that I'd gotten a negative vibe for aquariums since one was a setting where the morally vapid characters in the movie Closer would act-out their manipulative, twisted little sex crimes on each other.

But since the Georgia Aquarium is just down the street and I discovered it to be a wondrously meditative environment for a grownup (even with hundreds of other people crowding you) and an hours-long delight for a six-year old, I broke down and bought an annual pass. Several visits later, I've almost gotten over the sensation that I'll turn a corner and find Clive Owen creeping about.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

'just passin thru'
Just to say Halloween has come to us from across the POND! It is now becoming bigger here in the uk than Guy Fawkes...
It was celebrated in the uk years ago then died down but is back With A Force... Due to young peoples curiosity in the supernatural;
ie BUFFY etc.,
I personaly did not allow my children to celebrate it when they grew up!
But so much here is americanised now lol.....
I visited a nursing colleague of mine twice in Marietta....
Had a great stay...
Really enjoyed your BLOG
Happy Thankgiving....