Monday, November 13, 2006

Southern Denial

I have a confession to make... I miss my rural roots and the South Carolina countryside I grew-up in. Having lived in Atlanta's urban clusterfest for so long now I foolishly believed I'd evolved (de-volved) beyond all-things-agrarian. Talk about being in denial. But reading the evocative, achingly southern Memory's Keep, by UGA professor and novelist James Everett Kibler, is just about to break my heart.

I want to go home. At least for the holidays.

2 comments:

griftdrift said...

Did you read the first one too? I need a new book. I just finished State of Denial. I definitely need something to cleanse the palate.

Grayson: Atlanta, GA said...

Nope, not yet. (FYI Readers: Memory's Keep is the second in a trilogy.)

The book is an immediate escape from anything political.